Position: Administrative Coordinator 2019 – 8-10 hours a week
Type: Permanent Part-Time
Organization: Arts Council of the Central Okanagan
Location: Rotary Centre for the Arts, 421 Cawston Ave, Kelowna, BC
We are looking for an organized, analytical Administrative Coordinator with exceptional communication and problem solving skills to handle office duties and analyze and optimize office operations. The Administrative Coordinator will answer and route calls, guide visitors to the appropriate parties, field interdepartmental communications, and perform office tasks, including answering emails, delivering or responding to mailings, and maintaining member records. You will also analyze office processes and policies, develop creative solutions to problems, answer questions, and take part in financial planning and decision making.
To succeed as an Administrative Coordinator, you should be committed to providing attentive support for internal and external parties and ensuring consistent, efficient operations. You should be courteous, analytical, proactive, and organized. Job schedule: one scheduled 3 hour day in the office: studio 205 – 421 Cawston Ave, Kelowna, BC, is expected per week, other others may be done in office or remotely. It is expected to have your own smartphone and laptop to access all ARTSCO systems.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Greeting and directing visitors to the appropriate parties.
- Handling basic office duties, such as answering and routing phones, responding to emails, and data entry and reporting.
- Manage member lists, renewals, applications, reporting, benefits
- Registration for events, workshops, AGM, etc.
- Research and support for grant and funding applications, with research, data capture, prep work, etc.
- Answering questions and finding information for employees, funders, sponsors and members.
- Supporting employees by facilitating interdepartmental communications and interactions between internal and external parties.
- Ensuring that the office is well-maintained, organized, and secure.
- Assisting with special projects, such as process improvements and budget development.
- Developing and implementing new policies, processes and templates.
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, degree is preferred.
- Experience in administrative support field.
- Professional appearance and courteous manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong team leadership and people skills, self-motivated, creative thinker
- Research and data management in Google Docs
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with office technology and equipment, including printers, copiers, Google Drive, Google Email, and Slack
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong task and time management skills.
- Basic math skills and understanding of basic financial concepts.
EMPLOYMENT DURATION: Start Immediately, permanent position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] (The file names must include your name. i.e. FirstnameLastnameresume.pdf)
Interviews to begin in early June at the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan
Only shortlisted listed applicants will be contacted.