We Want to Turn Downtown Kelowna into a Public Art Gallery
The Downtown Gallery Project places local art in windows and on walls throughout the downtown core. This partnership between Okanagan Artists and Downtown Kelowna businesses showcases the quality of both groups to a wider audience.
Last year, the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan (ARTSCO) transformed Bernard Avenue and the Cultural District in partnership with 36 local businesses. This Fall we’re going even bigger and better for Culture Days 2017!
Displayed at Inspired Eyes
ARTSCO would like to invite your downtown business to participate in its Second Annual Downtown Gallery art installation Project as part of the National 2017 Culture Days Celebration. To expand the project’s public impact, the Downtown Gallery will be on display for a full week before and after the weekend of Culture Days, from September 23rd to October 7th.
Displayed at OPUS
Response from 2016
Business participants in 2016 reported new customers came through their doors to see the artwork up close. Several stores found success in preparing a window display of merchandise inspired by the art piece displayed alongside it.
Why This is a Great Idea for Your Business:
- Gain publicity with new audiences
- Get involved with the National Culture Days Celebration
- Build relationships between businesses and artists
- Make your space an unmissable part of one HUGE art gallery
Displayed at Mosaic Books
How to Participate
All you need to do to be part of the Downtown Gallery Project is provide a space or storefront window in which to host a piece of art for two weeks. Art installations will be painless and will not leave unwanted holes in your walls.
ARTSCO will compile a database of artworks available for display, and YOU get to select which piece(s) of art and/or artist(s) you would like to display in your business.
The installation will be handled by an ARTSCO representative in the week leading up to Downtown Gallery. Any artwork sales or inquiries will be handled by ARTSCO.
- A safe, clean and secure space for artwork
- Window space for a small Culture Days/ARTSCO sign with information about the artist and their work.
- Preference will be given to businesses with exterior-facing ground-floor windows with space for artwork displays.
Our Publicity Plan
- Customized map featuring each location, available online and in print.
- Periodic social media posts and press releases
- Promotion from established and emerging local artists
Displayed at 207 Men
To register your business for Downtown Gallery 2017, contact Victoria Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org