The Arts Council of the Central Okanagan (ARTSCO) is pleased to welcome Dustyn Baulkham as new interim Executive Director. Part of a period of rapid development for the council after nearly 50 years of service, ARTSCO is going through a strategic re-development and transition to focus on how to best serve the Okanagan arts community for the next 50+ years.
Some of Dustyn’s career highlights include:
- Kelowna Chamber of Commerce – Top 40 under 40 nominee (2016)
- Okanagan Pride Society – President
- UBC Okanagan Business Management – Alumni
- Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission – Workforce Development Officer
- 10+ years in the banking sector
- 15 years of involvement and volunteering in the non-profit sector.
Baulkham has been on a number of governance and working boards locally, and across the country. The board feels strongly that he understands what it takes for an organization to thrive and serve their members and community.
Baulkham replaces Katie Brennan, after her 2 years serving ARTSCO as Executive Director.
“We want to thank Katie for her dedication in growing ARTSCO over the last two years and wish her success as she returns full time to her artistic practice.” says ARTSCO board president, Don Ferguson. “With Dustyn’s experience and accolades, we are excited to have him take over the leadership and day to day operations of ARTSCO.”
Dustyn is spending his first few weeks at ARTSCO connecting with the community and would love to hear from you!
Drop by during office hours (Mon – Thurs from 12 -3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.