Co-Sponsorship Grants – ON HOLD
These have been put on hold. Please call for information: (250) 861-4123
Is your member group initiating a community-oriented project? The Arts Council is always interested in helping to foster original events that will benefit the arts community. By filling out our Member Group Co-Sponsorship Grant Application’, you may be eligible for $500 towards your initiative.
Step 1: Become a member of ARTSCO. This grant is only available for non-profit organizations who have joined as a ‘group’. Click here to become a member. Fees are nominal.
Step 2: See if your group meets our Grant Criteria (listed below).
Step 3: Download and fill out the Member Group Application Form:
The application process should only take a few minutes.
There are usually two grant application deadlines, that are based upon when we receive our funding from the BC Arts Council. These dates are September 30th and January 31st. When grants are available at other times, a notice will be sent to your member group. All grants may be applied for via our online form.
When we receive your grant application, it is forwarded to the Grant Review Committee. The committee examines the application and forwards recommendations to the Board of Directors for ratifiction – ideally in October or February. The Board then decides, and notifies the member group (you!).
Once the grant is approved and the event or project is completed, the member group will forward the following to our office:
- Invoice for payment;
- Proof of acknowledgement in promotional materials;
- A brief summary of the event along with photographs, if available.
ARTSCO then pays the invoice(s) totaling the amount of the grant. If payment is required before your event, please contact us at least a month in advance (prior to the board meeting that occurs before the ratification meeting) in order to receive Board permission for a waiver of this rule. If you have any questions about when to apply, please email or call our office.
- The mailing address of the non-profit member group must be within the Central Okanagan Regional District.
- The non-profit member group must be a member in good standing with the Arts Council (ARTSCO).
- Application may be made only once during each fiscal year (April 1 to March 31).
- The approved grant to be used specifically for an invoice(s) for the event/project – e.g. photocopying expenses, rental of a facility for an art show, promotional materials, etc. The co-sponsorship grant is not intended for ongoing operating expenses.
- The grant will be adjudicated on the basis of need, originality of the project, and benefit to the arts community.
- The member group must acknowledge the financial support of the Arts Council (ARTSCO) in all its promotional material.
- Maximum available per grant is $500.
- A copy of your balanced project budget, your most recent annual report, sources of other funding and a copy of your balanced operating budget for the current fiscal year must accompany your application.
- Support documentation may be attached to the application.
There are usually two grant application deadlines – September 30th and January 31st These dates are guidelines and subject to change with fluctuations in granting cycles. When grants are available, notice will be given to member groups.
Procedures for Grant Approval
- Completed applications are forwarded to the Grant Review Committee.
- The committee examines the application and forwards recommendations to the Board of Directors for ratification.
- The Board of Directors ratifies the application; the office notifies the member group.
Receipt of Grant Funding
Once the grant is approved, the member group is expected to include on all promotional materials for the applied event:
- Acknowledgement of the Arts Council’s (ARTSCO) sponsorship
- Complete the Co-Sponsorship Grant Final Report -Available at the Arts Council office
- A brief summary of the event along with photographs, if available
- Invoices must be attached for payment
The Arts Council then pays the invoice(s) totalling the amount of the grant, if payment is required before the event; please contact the Arts Council office at least two months in advance of the event.