CALL TO ARTISTS OAA 2015 “Awards Design Submission The Okanagan Arts Awards (OAA) is seeking a design for the three-dimensional sculpture that will become the award to be presented to each award recipient.
The process is as follows:
- Submit your drawing(s) of the design by e-mail by September 19, 2014.
- Submissions will be short listed to 3 by October 3, 2014.
- The 3 short listed artists will be contacted and asked to submit a maquette of the design
by November 3, 2014, which is to be delivered to the Arts Council Office by 2:00 pm.
- The maquettes should be about 8” – 14” high, and should have a base that is a maximum of 4” in diameter so it will fit onto a specific base. The maquette can be made out of clay, wood, glass, wax, or other material.
- The selection of the chosen design will be made by November 10, 2014.
- The chosen maquette will announced at the Okanagan Arts Awards Launch. This winning design will then be used to produce the awards.
- The artist of the chosen design will receive an honorarium of $1,000.00, and the artists of the other two designs will receive $250.00. .
Please include the following in your submission:
- Drawing(s) of your design
- An artist statement that explains your design
- Your contact information
- Any support materials you might want to include.
- Information about how your design can be reproduced, giving details of processes and costs.
The complete submission package is due September 19, 2014. This can be mailed or emailed (our preferred method) to Arts Council of the Central Okanagan.